Hi & welcome to my PS blog! This blog is for full PS although some steps will also work in PSE. Most actions, unless stated are not PSE compatiable. I do try to make an action for PSE from time to time. I hope you have fun here and learn some things along the way. If you have any questions, just drop me a comment! :O)

Friday, February 18, 2011

Michelle Kane HeARTy actions before/after examples....

So I said I wasn't going to buy anymore actions. And I meant it. But when these came out I simply couldn't resist them! They aren't my normal style, which is why I got them! I know...I'm crazy! I do love my light/hazy edits, but I do also love some rich deep colors too! So I wanted this set so that I can have the variety between the two! I'm still learning and have a long way to go to get the most out of these actions. But I will say they really were worth every penny and things that I couldn't do as cleanly on my own! I can light airy edit *fairly* cleaning, but not the deeper richer type edits...yet! This set will also help me learn...you should ALWAYS LEARN from your actions!

Anywho....I thought I'd share some before/afters for anyone who might be considering buying them! I will say that although these two sets really are amazing, they are not for beginners. This set is meant to be adjusted and lots of masking! Which as we all know is the key to getting the best final image. Working specifically on separate areas of your photo to pull it all together is what takes an image to an okay average edit to a WOW edit! So if you are new to PS, this set is probably going to need to wait until you have a good grasp on masking and adjusting layers, folders set! The other thing that I LOVE LOVE LOVE about her set...you NEVER have to flatten. Every action in both sets can run on top of each other. I sadly flatten a lot in editing, especially since I use so many recipes. But hers are good to go, even over other actions from different makers. All you have to do is collapse any folders that are open in your layers panel and run run run!

I just got them less than a week ago, so again I need to continue to play with them and learn how to use them better. But truly, I could not be happier with this set!

The first 2 were right after I got them {literally unzipped loaded & played}, the next 3 were the day after and the last 2 were from today! I went a bit too far with the Anti Lobster Skin on Avyree's {2nd example} and should have dialed back the opacity a bit and I think the eyes are a bit too much on today's. But I'm getting there...







Take a peak at Michelle Kane's blog and I'm sure you'll fall in love like I did! The actions are only on sale until Saturday {2/20} so if you want them at the discounted price {saves you $89} then rush over and buy them. And just so you know, Michelle Kane has NO idea I'm writing this review {as with any reviews I do} so I'm not making any money or gaining anything by writing this! Lol!
Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Letia February 18, 2011 at 12:33 PM  

These look great. I fear I would buy them but end up with no where near these kind of results, you are doing a great job with them!

momaziggy February 18, 2011 at 12:37 PM  

Thank you Letia! I will say they do take time to learn and require work and masking on your part to get them where you want them. But that is what makes them so great! If you don't like to edit and just want quick run through actions, then this set probably wouldn't be for you. But if you really want to be able to control all aspects of your photos, this set is perfect! :)

Anna February 21, 2011 at 11:15 PM  

Beautiful before/afters! you're so talented, with or without actions. May I ask what camera you're using and what lens? Your SOOC pics look so sharp!

momaziggy February 22, 2011 at 8:21 AM  

Thank you so much Anna! Some of these images are old & some are new.

#1&2. Classic 5D + 35L

#3. Is an older image and was shot with my 50D + 35L

#4. Is an older iamge shot with my 50D + 85 1.8

The last three are recent shot with my Classic 5D + 135L!

Thank you again, I really appreciate your kind words! Have a great week!

Search My Blog

Followers

About my PS Blog

Hi, my name is Crystal and I am addicted to Photoshop. I have PSCS4 and it's my other half. I love photography, but sometimes I think it's a means to edit!

So I thought it would be fun to have a place to post the free action sets I record, tips and tricks that I learn in PS and tuts for various different types of photo editing.

I hope you enjoy and find my PS blog helpful and if you have any questions, leave me a comment with your questions and your email address and I will get back to you!

Happy editing!

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home to 2 great girls. My older daughter Haylee just started middle school and my younger daughter Avyree is in 1st grade! I have been married 11 years to my hubs Eric. I got my first DSLR June 31, 2008 and have been hooked ever since! My style is primarily Lifestyle! I like to take a natural and real life approach to my images! I want them to remind me of WHO my girls were when they were little, not just what they looked like. I love to edit and my editing style is always evolving and changing! I like variety and photography is a means to edit! I shoot Canon (full frame) and almost only primes. I pull out my wide angle zoom from time to time! Thanks for stopping by and I hope you like our story...
Background paper by Kay Miller

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP