Hi & welcome to my PS blog! This blog is for full PS although some steps will also work in PSE. Most actions, unless stated are not PSE compatiable. I do try to make an action for PSE from time to time. I hope you have fun here and learn some things along the way. If you have any questions, just drop me a comment! :O)

Friday, May 22, 2009

Sharing one of my action sets...

Hi ladies! I hope you girls are all having a great week! Wish I could say mine has been great. Looks like that computer will be going to the Dr next week. We are leaving tonight for the holiday weekend, so I'll be calling on Tuesday to find out the details. But I wanted to get my action set up to share before I leave and before I am without my baby! I'm sure it'll be gone for a couple weeks. I'm going to have my husband hook up the net on the desktop, but it's in our detached garage. So with two kids, I'm sure you know what that means. So please keep coming by and checking for updates tho. I'll calibrate the desktop so I can still play, just won't be as often.

So here is my favorite creative actions set I've recorded so far. I love a creative edit and this set is great for the beach or outside shots. The great thing is every layer is adjustable and all layers have a white layer mask for painting. Each action in the set is grouped in a folder and the folder also has a white layer mask. So you can just paint or lower the opacity of the whole folder, or you can adjust by layer.

I really hope you like them! I would love to hear what you think of them after you've had time to play and I'm always open to suggestions how you think my actions can be better.

The examples shown were done on my NON calibrated laptop because my computer decided it didn't like my calibrator anymore and won't let me reload it! UGH. So bear with me. The examples have been slightly adjusted. They are pretty strong run as is, but on the right photo will work! And you can lower the opacity of all the layers for a subtle creative look as well.
Thank you Gemma for the GREAT beach shot to use for my examples. Haven't been to the beach this year. Sad when you live in So Cal! Ha!








I've never used 4shared before so hopefully everything will work without any problems.
I also have a b&w conversion set, an eye pop action set and a color pop action set I'll be sharing in the future as well.
I hope everyone has a GREAT & SAFE holiday weekend!

6 comments:

Staci Brock May 22, 2009 at 3:53 PM  

Nice of you to share! Love your photos...the kind I enjoy capturing...real life.

Anne May 23, 2009 at 10:15 AM  

Wonderful, Crystal! :o)

Colleen Hazlehurst May 23, 2009 at 5:33 PM  

Thanks for sharing! You have a safe and happy weekend.

Anonymous May 25, 2009 at 3:31 PM  

Just stumbled on your blog - it's fantastic! Just getting into Photoshop, and learning everything I can. Hope your computer is back soon so that you can share more of your amazing work! - Caitie

Megan May 26, 2009 at 12:07 PM  

do you have directions on how to find or place in PSE?? I am very new to this

Mireya May 26, 2009 at 10:08 PM  

I love this action, thanks for sharing! Thanks chickie!

Search My Blog

Followers

About my PS Blog

Hi, my name is Crystal and I am addicted to Photoshop. I have PSCS4 and it's my other half. I love photography, but sometimes I think it's a means to edit!

So I thought it would be fun to have a place to post the free action sets I record, tips and tricks that I learn in PS and tuts for various different types of photo editing.

I hope you enjoy and find my PS blog helpful and if you have any questions, leave me a comment with your questions and your email address and I will get back to you!

Happy editing!

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home to 2 great girls. My older daughter Haylee just started middle school and my younger daughter Avyree is in 1st grade! I have been married 11 years to my hubs Eric. I got my first DSLR June 31, 2008 and have been hooked ever since! My style is primarily Lifestyle! I like to take a natural and real life approach to my images! I want them to remind me of WHO my girls were when they were little, not just what they looked like. I love to edit and my editing style is always evolving and changing! I like variety and photography is a means to edit! I shoot Canon (full frame) and almost only primes. I pull out my wide angle zoom from time to time! Thanks for stopping by and I hope you like our story...
Background paper by Kay Miller

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP