Hi & welcome to my PS blog! This blog is for full PS although some steps will also work in PSE. Most actions, unless stated are not PSE compatiable. I do try to make an action for PSE from time to time. I hope you have fun here and learn some things along the way. If you have any questions, just drop me a comment! :O)

Friday, July 31, 2009

How to FIX my b&w action set...

I am sorry for the way I recorded the b&w action set and have learned my lesson! The more I play with actions that I've bought, the more I learn about how I like them to run! And I will no longer record future actions this way.

But there is hope! Do you hate the intro/closing? Hate that each action duplicates and renames your photo? I would too! It's VERY easy to fix and will only take a few seconds!

So first, open your actions panel F/9. Now open the b&w folder. Start at the top and open the first action in the set by clicking on the little arrow next to the name. You can see all the steps. The first one is Stop, the second is Duplicate first document. Then the very last step is Stop again. Simply click on the first stop once, then go down to the bottom of the actions panel and hit the trash can. Now the intro will not play. Then go to Duplicate first document, click on it once and hit the trash can. Now the action will no longer duplicate your photo in return, you will retain your file name. Then click on the last Stop (if you want) and delete that. Now you can an action that will just run. Then you can go to town adjusting all the layers...even turning some off.

Here is a screenshot of which ones to delete...




Now you can go onto to save this action, so that if PS ever dumps it for some crazy reason, you won't have to redo all the delete. Just click on the folder and follow the screenshot below. You have two choices as how to save it. You can save it with the same name and save over my original ATN file, or you can save with a different name or name extension so that you always have my original ATN file...



And it's that easy. Again, future actions will be recorded in a much more efficient way! I hope this helps and makes you want to use the set more often!

***I'm also working on a NEW action set as I type this. It will be a creative set with 6 different tonal washes with the option of a b&w layer! I'm really excited about this set, but still have some testing to do before I post it. So hopefully next week! :O)

HAPPY FRIDAY and I hope everyone has a GREAT weekend!

0 comments:

Search My Blog

Followers

About my PS Blog

Hi, my name is Crystal and I am addicted to Photoshop. I have PSCS4 and it's my other half. I love photography, but sometimes I think it's a means to edit!

So I thought it would be fun to have a place to post the free action sets I record, tips and tricks that I learn in PS and tuts for various different types of photo editing.

I hope you enjoy and find my PS blog helpful and if you have any questions, leave me a comment with your questions and your email address and I will get back to you!

Happy editing!

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home to 2 great girls. My older daughter Haylee just started middle school and my younger daughter Avyree is in 1st grade! I have been married 11 years to my hubs Eric. I got my first DSLR June 31, 2008 and have been hooked ever since! My style is primarily Lifestyle! I like to take a natural and real life approach to my images! I want them to remind me of WHO my girls were when they were little, not just what they looked like. I love to edit and my editing style is always evolving and changing! I like variety and photography is a means to edit! I shoot Canon (full frame) and almost only primes. I pull out my wide angle zoom from time to time! Thanks for stopping by and I hope you like our story...
Background paper by Kay Miller

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP